Saturday, August 11, 2018

 
 
 
 
BACK TO SCHOOL!!  As we prepare for another busy Monday, I decided to start sharing some of my favorite tried and true crock pot and prepare ahead meals.  I find having a Monday Dinner Plan helps me relax when I get home from a long day at Co-op, makes sure my family doesn't have to wait to eat and best of all saves me $$.
 
 
Today I'm sharing what WE are having this Monday.    Salsa Chicken is one of my easiest meals and it serves a crowd.   
 
Salsa Chicken
4-5 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup water
1 Large Jar your choice of Salsa
1 packet Taco Seasoning (or your own choice of homemade spices)
1 bag frozen corn OR canned corn  (optional)
1 can black beans drained (optional)
 
Rice of your choice  (I like putting jasmine rice in the instapot before I leave.  You can use instant rice, brown rice, whatever.)
 
Place chicken breast (frozen OR fresh) in crockpot with water.
Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
Drain crockpot of extra liquid and shred chicken (Y'all I put this in my stand mixer to shred.  Oh LAW!)
add Salsa, and optional corn and beans
Cook for another hour on high
 
Serve over rice.  We like a side of refried beans and cheese.
 

 
 
 

No comments: