Friday, August 24, 2018

The BEST Open Faced RBS EVAAAHHH!!!

 
 
 
 
 

You might assume that my family of 10, living on a tight grocery budget, might eat whatever I throw at them.  Well, THEY DONT!!!!   I have to flavor and sauce the snot out of everything I make.  I keep a plethora of seasonings and flavors on hand just to please the pickiest of pallets.  If all else fails, I pull out the ketchup or honey mustard. 
 
 
This recipe, however, doesn't need a single addition. Its ALL thrown in the crockpot on Monday Mornings.
 
How I shop these ingredients.
I buy 99% of my meats at Food City.  Its a local store that gets their meats from a local meat processing company that gets their meat from local farmers. 
They have their roasts on sale usually every 3 weeks for $2.99/#.  I usually pick up the $7 roast.
 
All other items I purchase at Aldi.
Onions Soup Mix...$.79 for 2 packs in a box making them ~ $,40 each
Cream of Mushroom Soup....$.49
Ranch Packet...$.70
Brown Gravy....$.33
Sandwich Bread...$.85/loaf  OR  Artisan Bread...$3.79 loaf
2 cans Fruit...$.1.70
Chips....$1.49/bag
Total Meal Cost..............  $12.97 to feed 10 people
 
 
 
 
Open Faced Roast Beef Sandwiches
~2# Roast of your choice  (whatever is on sale)
1 packet Onion Soup Mix
1 can Cream of mushroom Soup
1 Packet Ranch Seasoning
1 Packet Brown Gravy Mix
1 cup water

Put roast in bottom of Crock Pot with cup of water
Cover with all the other ingredients
Cook on High for 8 hours

When you get home, shred beef in crockpot and smother with the gravy its been bathing in ALL DAY.
Serve over choice of toast and a side of chips and fruit.
My kids also like the little Easy Mac cups as a side.  $1.79 for 4.

Feel free to add baby carrots to roast in am, just place them UNDER the roast so they cook all the way through.

My family loves this quick and easy recipe.  When we walk in the door following a crazy Monday at work and school, the smell of house defines comfort food.


NomNom!!

No comments: