Saturday, September 8, 2018

Creamy Ranch Chicken



Back to Routine

Labor Day is over!!!  The unofficial end to summer has come and gone.  I know we started school a whole month ago, but doesn't it seem that we don't REALLY get into a groove of a routine until after Labor Day.  Football Season starts, people start pulling out their wreaths donned with beautiful fall foliage and we just get a sense of preparedness.  It seems we are all gearing up to get to our routines of school, chores, sports, and church events up and running.  Well, I am no different.  I haven't quite pulled out all my Halloween décor, but I am printing kid chore sheets, organizing closets and setting up a NEW normal.  Before y'all totally dismiss me, remember I have LOTS O' KIDS!!!  If I am not organized and putting these kids to task, my house runs me and not the other way around.  Scripturally, I am called to be a manager of my home.  I haven't always taken that role seriously.  Soooo, here I am trying...AGAIN.

Todays Mealtime Monday is Creamy Ranch Chicken from Betty Crocker.  Yes, I too used to call her Betty Crock-O-Crap but if you are wanting some great meal ideas on a budget, her website is handy dandy.

Its an easy Monday Crockpot Meal and just another way to try to regain some semblance of a routine.



https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/slow-cooker-creamy-ranch-chicken/530a2a1c-c2db-4c65-80e2-e26469c1e49b


For the rice portion, I will put some long grain Jasmine Rice in my Instapot either morning of or as soon as I get home from school.  (See pot or rice cooker settings for instruction.)


I know meal planning, house cleaning and organization isn't everyone's cup of tea. I know Id prefer a Coke.  I just want to offer you words of wisdom from my Pastor (also my super cute husband).  "Just do the next right thing."  That's what I hope we can all find joy in doing. 



1 comment:

Samantha Dill said...

Tried this last week and OMGoodness AMAZING!!!!!
I have a few picky eaters and everyone love this!

So thankful for your Monday meal ideas!!!

This week we are trying your meatballs subs :)